Even though we are still experiencing freezing weather in the month of April, the facts are this: it’s not only spring, but it’s also meal prep time! Fairway Market, one of our favorite grocery chains in and out of Manhattan, wants you to get your meal prep game in on the best way possible by providing some delicious recipes that will spruce up your everyday lunch while keeping you energized and focused as the day goes on.
Six different recipes from Fairway Market, all full of a ton of quality ingredients, will surely help boost your daily routine to a whole other level after you’ve made each of them. Take a look, and for more information on Fairway Market, click here.
Cherry Cucumber Salad
- 2 cucumbers (1 1/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tbsp Fairway white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Fairway extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper
In a medium bowl, toss the diced cucumbers with the white wine vinegar and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the halved cherries and cilantro leaves, toss lightly and serve.
Peach and Prosciutto Salad with Mixed Greens
- 3 tbsp. Fairway extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- to taste Kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 oz. mixed baby greens
- 1/3 c. mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 white peach, skin removed and sliced into chunks
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 2 oz. prosciutto, thinly-sliced
- 1⁄4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Whisk together the olive oil, champagne vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss together the baby greens, mint leaves, peach, and vinaigrette you just created in a bowl.
Transfer to a serving plate. Lay the mozzarella and prosciutto on top of the greens, then sprinkle with the red pepper flakes.
- 2 large zucchini, cut lengthwise into 12-1⁄4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup Fairway Quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup Fairway Puttanesca Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsps cream cheese
- 1 25-oz jar marinara sauce (may use a little less)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fairway Baguette (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place zucchini slices on bed of paper towels. Sprinkle with salt, cover with paper towels, and let stand to release moisture while preparing quinoa.
Bring broth, Fairway Quinoa, Fairway Puttanesca Sauce, onion, and oregano to a boil in saucepan. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 25 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and stir in basil, parsley, and cream cheese.
Spoon 1/3-cup marinara sauce over bottom of 8-inch-square baking dish. Blot remaining moisture and salt from zucchini slices, and lay 4 zucchini slices over marinara sauce in pan. Spoon half of quinoa over zucchini and cover with 1/3-cup marinara. Repeat with 4 more zucchini slices, remaining quinoa and 1/3-cup marinara. Top with remaining 4 zucchini slices, and remaining marinara.
Bake lasagna for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle the top with parmesan and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender and top is bubbly. Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve immediately. Salt and pepper to taste. Optional: serve with slices of Fairway Baguette.
Sesame Seared Ahi Tuna and Seaweed Salad
FOR THE TUNA:
○ 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
○ 1/2 cup white sesame seeds
○ 4 Ahi-tuna steaks
○ Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
○ 2 tbsps grape seed or canola oil
FOR THE SEAWEED SALAD:
○ 1/2 cup green seaweed salad
○ 3 tbsps olive oil
○ 1 tbsp soy sauce
○ 1 tbsp rice vinegar
○ 1/2 tsp wasabi paste
In a shallow dish, combine the black and white sesame seeds and stir to mix. Season the tuna with salt and pepper, then coat the tuna evenly with sesame seeds.
Make the dressing by whisking olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and wasabi paste. Drizzle half over the seaweed salad.
In a pan over high heat, warm the oil until smoking. Arrange the tuna in the pan and cook until the white sesame seeds start to turn golden underneath, about 1 minute. Flip the tuna and do the same thing on the opposite side. Transfer the tuna to a cutting board and cut each steak in half, or if you aesthetically prefer into thin slices.
Evenly distribute the seaweed salad over 4 plates; if you’d like, you can sprinkle a few black sesame seeds on top. Arrange two overlapping tuna slices on top of the seaweed salad. Either drizzle remaining dressing or place on tabletop. Serve immediately.
Eggplant Stuffed with Ratatouille
- 2 ea. Eggplants medium sized
- 1 ea. zucchini small
- 1 ea. yellow squash small
- 1 ea. red bell pepper
- 1 ea. shallot
- 2 ea. garlic cloves
- 6 ea. grape tomatoes
- 1 cup Fairway plum tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Fairway extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Shaved parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Chopped parsley
Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
Cut eggplant in half lengthwise. Drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil on the open half of eggplant. Season with salt and pepper.
Place on a papered sheet tray and place in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes or until flesh of eggplant is fork tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
Chop all vegetables to a 1/4-inch chop. Chop garlic and shallots fine. Place all vegetables, garlic and shallots in a large mixing bowl.
Pour in olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and mix well. Place vegetable mixture on a papered sheet tray and roast in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and mix in tomato sauce. Take roasted vegetables and stuff them into the half eggplants. Garnish eggplants with parsley and parmesan cheese.
Cajun Style Sweet Potato and Zucchini Noodles
- 2 TBSP (Divided) Avocado Oil
- 2 TBSP (Divided) Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Package Veggie Noodle Co. Sweet Potato Noodles
- 1 Package Veggie Noodle Co. Zucchini Noodles
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 15 Crimini Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 Heirloom Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Small Bunch Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
Heat one portion of the avocado oil to medium-high heat in a skillet.
Add both packages of vegetable noodles to the pan. Toss noodles in oil, add a portion of the cajun seasoning and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
Add remaining ingredients to pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Serve immediately.